Waymond David "Wade" Jackson

Born in Tabor City, NC on April 28, 1929

Departed on January 14, 2020 and resided in Gallatin, TN

Waymond David “Wade” Jackson, age 90 of Gallatin, passed away January 14, 2020. Mr. Jackson was born on April 28, 1929 in Tabor City, NC to the late Waymond David Jackson and the late Lula Turner Jackson. Wade was a 20 year veteran of the United States Air Force, retiring at the rank of Staff Sergeant. He was a very accomplished musician and entertainer; he was a BMI award winning songwriter and had personally written over 40,000 songs. He was a one of a kind man who everyone loved; and a loving husband, father and grandfather. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife of 45 years, Janice Jackson; brothers, Charles Leviner and James Leviner, Jr.; and sisters, Brenda Brown and Lonnie Etta Leviner. He is survived by his wife, Carolyn Jackson; children, Jim Luketich (Mary) of Dripping Springs, TX, Tracey Robnett (Brad) of Houston, TX, and Khristina Losh (Steven) of Bethpage, TN; grandchildren, Erin, Jennifer and Daniel Robnett, and Garrett Losh; siblings, Marvin Jackson, Stonewall Jackson, Mavis Jackson, Treasa Bortree and LeRoy Leviner; step-son, Harlon Piercy (Laura); and step-grandchildren, Regina and Sam Piercy, and Davis Carr. Funeral Services will be conducted on Saturday, January 18th at 10:00 A.M. in the Chapel of Crestview Funeral Home. Interment with Military Honors will follow in Crestview Memory Gardens. Visitation with the family will be on Friday from 5-8 P.M. Arrangements Entrusted To: Crestview Funeral Home and Memory Gardens, 1623 Highway 109 North, Gallatin, Phone: (615)452-1943, Obituary Line: (615)452-7589 www.crestviewfh.com

12 Comments to Mr. Waymond David "Wade" Jackson

1. Lisa B Green
    January 16, 2020 5:27 pm

Tina, so very sorry for your loss. He was one of a kind.

2. Davis Family
    January 17, 2020 8:37 am

Sorry for the loss of this very gentle man. May he rest in piece.

3. Brenda McCrary
    January 17, 2020 9:58 am

Carolyn and family my prayers for comfort are with you all in this time. Hated to hear of his passing.

4. Christy Newell
    January 17, 2020 7:19 pm

Hate we couldn’t bring daddy (Marvin) but he doesn’t think he can make the trip. But know we are there in our hearts. Love you guys (Tina , Tracey).

5. Debbie Davis
    January 17, 2020 7:47 pm

Carolyn, so sorry to hear of Wade’s passing. Prayers of comfort for you all in the weeks ahead. Love you. Mike and Debbie

6. Jon Weidner
    January 18, 2020 11:24 am

Tracey, I am so sorry to hear about your father. He was such a good man. You and your family are in my prayers.
    Jon Weidner

7. Deborah Davis
    January 18, 2020 8:17 pm

Dear Carolyn , so sorry for your loss… He was an awesomely talented man.. My thoughts and prayers are with each of you, I know your sorrow is great .. We send our love and prayers to all..Tell Harlon and Jenny we miss yall very much.. im so sorry I didnt get to attend the services of such a sweet man.. Love to all from , Deborah an Mike Davis

8. Deborah Davis
    January 18, 2020 8:35 pm

Dear Carolyn, Im so sorry for your loss of such a sweet man.. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.. Wade was such a very talented man and he will be missed greatly.. Love to all and please tell Harlon an Jenny we miss you all very much..so sorry we could not attend the services, you are in our thoughts and prayers always,..Love to all,
    Deborah an Michael Davis

9. Elaine Murley
    January 19, 2020 11:40 am

My daughter Kristy used to work at mr jacksons daycare She loved them She died in 2010

10. Melayna Lawrence
    January 27, 2020 6:24 pm

Tina and Tracy,

I am not sure if you will remember, but my sister (Neena) and I were children at Park-a-Tot! I love your dad and mom like there is no other love for grandparents. They took us into their care and even invited us in their home after hours to feed us when our mom was working late. I made a friend at the age of 2 years old at Park-A-Tot. Her name is Arianna. He have been friends for 35 yrs now! We are still friends today ! Your mom and dad were invited to and came to my wedding! I remember sneaking (with his permission..lol) up to his recording room, which was literally above the kitchen of the daycare. I felt special. I felt loved. And, I reckon he (they) loved us-all of the children. I still have and cherrish a vinyl record your dad gave us kids with some of his songs. I will forever cherrish them and their memories.

~with love and condolences

Melayna (Gibbs) Lawrence

11. Juanita Chowning
    January 29, 2020 7:08 am

My son went to daycare the Jacksons ran years ago. Loved mr. Jackson and Janice . Much sympathy to his wife and all the children and family.