Virginia D. "Jenny" Campbell

Born in Sumner County, Tennessee on September 2, 1929

Departed on August 26, 2016 and resided in Bethpage, Tennessee

Age 86, of Bethpage, passed away August 26, 2016.

Preceded in death by her parents, Clara Dayton Thompson & James Adcock; daughter, Joyce Marie Lequire; sisters, Janie Irene Keen & Evelyn Bell; brothers, James Robin Adcock & Joe Adcock; Survived by her loving husband of 63 years, Charlie B. Campbell; children, Charlene English, Margie Sloan (Jerry), Lois Burton (Les); 12 grandchildren, several great-grandchildren & great-great-grandchildren; sisters, Ethel May Watson & Joyce Elaine Hall (Eddie) & Darby Teckenbrock; brothers, Randall Adcock, Johnny Adcock & Harold Gene Adcock; several nieces, nephews & extended family.

A Life Celebration will be held 2pm, Tuesday at Crestview Funeral Home. Visitation will be 12pm – 2pm Tuesday at
Crestview Funeral Home, 1623 Hwy 109 N, Gallatin, TN, 37066 615-452-1943 crestviewfh.com

6 Comments to Virginia D. "Jenny" Campbell

1. Lois Burton
    August 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Mom you was the most important woman in my life and you always will be I don’t know what I’m gonna do without you here for me to call and talk to every day I know what you told me about letting go of the way things happened and maybe one of these days I will be able to but right now I can’t because as I said I already miss you so much like you said to me on Wedensday I love you very much and I always will Lois

2. Lona
    August 27, 2016 4:22 pm

I love you grandma ?

3. Regina Adcock McIntosh
    August 29, 2016 10:31 am

Aunt Jenny you were of the feistiest, most out-spoken person I have ever known. Being a kid we use to love going to the place down in Butter Milk Hollow to roam around in the woods.
    Uncle Charlie and you would help momma and daddy out so much when it came to taking them to the longer drives for hospital and doctors. Momma thought the world of you and loved you with all heart…we all do.
    I hope you are as feisty in Heaven as you were here every day of your life.
    you will be forever missed and loved….

4. Amanda Woodard
    August 29, 2016 10:38 pm

They say there is a reason,
    They say time will heal,
    But neither time nor reason,
    Will change the way I feel,
    For no one knows the heartache,
    That lies behind my smile,
    No one know how many times,
    I have broken down and cried,
    I want to tell you something,
    So there won’t be any doubt,
    You are so wonderful to think of,
    But so hard to be without.

I love you Grandma!

5. Rita Hall Jones
    August 30, 2016 1:44 am

Charlie,

So sorry I will not be able to attend due to illness. I cried for 2 hours after mom called to tell me of Ginny’s passing. I was actually on my way to say something to Ginny at Joe’s visitation when I was stopped by another visitor. When our conversation was over Ginny had left the sanctuary! I felt so bad that day I just left. I have always enjoyed yours and Ginny’s company. You always made us feel like family! So very sorry for your loss. I look at your marriage as a strong testimony to couples today! God Bless you all and keep you in his comforting hands!

6. S. I. Drake, Lt/IPD (Ret)
    August 30, 2016 9:56 pm

On behalf of the Société de Police – IPD Adam & Edward, our condolences to the family and friends of Ms. Virginia D. Campbell on her passing away.

We extend our sympathies on your family’s loss of such a loved one. Such life events are never easy. Our thoughts and prayers are offered for each of you through this difficult time.