Thomas Edward Lohman, Sr.

Born in Nashville, TN on December 31, 1936

Departed on July 1, 2019 and resided in Gallatin, TN

Thomas Edward Lohman, Sr., age 82 of Gallatin, passed away July 1, 2019 surrounded by his family. Mr. Lohman was born on December 31, 1936 to the late Fred Lohman and the late Flora Gann Lohman. A native Nashvillian, Tom was a graduate of the Class of 1955 from Isaac Litton High School. He attended Belmont University before pursuing a career in finance, eventually retiring from Associates Financial. Tom was a member of First Baptist Church Hendersonville since 1967 and was an active Gideon in the Sumner East/Macon County Camp. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his daughter, Deborah Carole Lohman and sister, Flora Jones. He is survived by his wife of 36 years, Faye Lohman; children, Thomas Edward Lohman, Jr. (Martha), Greg Davis and Carol Davis; grandchildren, Melissa Moss (Josh), Melanie Pruitt, and Camren Davis; great-grandchildren, Jude Pruitt, Greyson Pruitt, Lucy Pruitt, Josiah Moss, and Isaiah Moss; mother of Tommy, Jr. and Debbie, Carol Barfknecht; niece, Kristie Burnett, and nephew, Eric Jones (Missy). A Life Celebration Service honoring Tom will be held on Saturday, July 6, 2019 at 1:00 P.M. in the Chapel at First Baptist Church Hendersonville with Dr. Bruce Chesser officiating. Interment will follow in Crestview Memory Gardens. Visitation with the family will be on Saturday from 10:00 A.M. until service time at the church. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Gideon’s International or First Baptist Church Hendersonville. Arrangements Entrusted To: Crestview Funeral Home and Memory Gardens, 1623 Highway 109 North, Gallatin, TN Phone: (615)452-1943 Obituary Line: (615)452-7589 www.crestviewfh.com

6 Comments to Mr. Thomas Edward Lohman, Sr.

1. Alan Suska
    July 3, 2019 12:38 pm

So sad to hear this. Also sad that I will be unable to attend. I will miss seeing Tommy on Saturday mornings.

2. Kevin Burris
    July 3, 2019 3:29 pm

One of my best friends. He taught me the ropes when it came to being a Church Service Coordinator. I remember counting $21,000 at his house after a FBCH service. Tommy took me to my doctor’s offices several times. I enjoyed learning about him and his family. It will take me a long time to get over Tommy’s death. I will miss seeing him at church each Sunday. I will say hi to him every time I walk past his pew. I will never forget how he ended each prayer “In Jesus’ name; Oh how I love you.” A true Gideon, Christian, and one of my best friends. I am praying for you, Faye, and mourning with you.

3. Cliff Powell
    July 3, 2019 4:22 pm

It was a privilege to serve with Tommy encouraging fellow believers, new members and visitors at FBCH, also serving as Gideons while handing out God’s Word and witnessing to lost souls. Heart felt prayers for Faye and family members.

4. Dave Dozier
    July 3, 2019 6:39 pm

As a Gideon in the Sumner East / Macon Camp, I had the privilege of seeing Tommy every Saturday morning for some great fellowship and prayer time together with our brothers. He was a true southern gentleman, a great encourager and strong Christian! He loved his family, kids and grandchildren, always telling us about them. and he really loved the Lord! Would always end his prayer with “thank you sweet Jesus…. oh how I love you!” Just a powerful prayer warrior and committed man of God. Just two Saturday’s ago, he and I had an opportunity to walk out to the parking lot together as we headed to our cars. He was just a great guy to speak with and always made you feel important and was a constant encouragement! Tommy leaves a strong legacy. As the Apostle Paul wrote….. he ran the race and finished strong! Praying for Faye and his family!

5. Philip Gravely
    July 3, 2019 6:40 pm

Tommy was my riding partner on several
    scripture distributions in Sumner and Macon
    countiy.
    He will be truly missed. He always ended
    his prayers with “I love you my sweet Jesus.
    Phil Gravely

6. Jack Brooks
    July 3, 2019 9:01 pm

Tommy and I have been friends since 1953. We worked at Sharps Drug Sore during our High
    School years. He was “Best Man” at my wedding to Sara in1960. We had a small group of friends that met for dinner once each month group included myself,,Wayne Holloway, Eddie Hill and sometimes my brother Dennie. Tommy is now resting in The Arms of our Saviour Lord Jesus Christ. He will be sorely missed. Faye we loved him as you do and will see him again.