Peggy Sue Christian Harris

Born in McMinville, TN on November 20, 1929

Departed on June 16, 2020 and resided in Franklin, TN

Peggy Sue Christian Harris was born on November 20, 1929 and received her heavenly body on June 16, 2020. Her family rejoices in the fact that she is now in the presence of Jesus. She was born in McMinnville, TN to Will and Nora Christian who, along with her seven brothers and sisters, preceded her in death. Peggy married her high school sweetheart James Harris on September 3, 1948 and for nearly seventy-two years they shared a life of serving the Lord and serving each other. Peggy was a dedicated and committed follower of Christ, bringing joy and laughter to everyone who knew her. She faithfully served alongside James as he ministered for over 60 years in the Church of Christ. She was known for her generous hospitality and her “world famous” sourdough bread, that she freely gave to people in her community.
Peggy’s legacy will continue through her children Tim (Robin) Harris, Paula (Mike) Shinnick, Daniel (Melanie) Harris, and her seven grandchildren, Tyler (Elisa) Harris, Ellen (Jeff) Flannery, Will (Caity) Shinnick, Morgan (Jamie) Trinker, Seth Harris (Joy Weddle), Sarah (Dan) Quillen, Mae Beth Harris, 13 great-grandchildren and her dear sister-in-law Dean Christian.
Visitation will be from 9:00-10:30 on Saturday, June 20, 2020 at Crestview Funeral Home in Gallatin, TN, followed by a private family funeral at 11:00.
In lieu of flowers, please donate to the Alzheimer’s Foundation 478 Craighead Street, Suite 200, Nashville, TN 37204, or Disaster Relief Effort 410 Allied Drive, Nashville, TN 37222.

Image Gallery

10 Comments to Mrs. Peggy Sue Christian Harris

1. Everette McCullough
    June 18, 2020 12:07 pm

Peggy was a wonderful Christian and was loved very much. May God continue to love and be loved by this family

2. Margaret Freedle Dawson
    June 18, 2020 7:20 pm

She was a great light for us all spent many a night at her house. Loved her and her family. Brother Harris Baptisted me at age 12. I received the Holy Sprirt that day and have always Loved my Heavenly Father. So sorry for your loss.

3. Janice Robertson Jones
    June 18, 2020 8:49 pm

Ms. Peggy was a wonderful Christian woman. I am glad that I had the opportunity to know her. She and Bro. Harris were very special to my family. Much sympathy to all of the family.

4. Brenda Vick
    June 18, 2020 10:04 pm

Mrs. Peggy had a beautiful heart and was dearly loved by so many. She will be missed ❤️

5. R.K. and Kym Kane
    June 19, 2020 10:16 am

Lifting the Harris family in our prayers during this time.

6. KAREN SCOTT
    June 19, 2020 12:56 pm

Tim & Robin, Tyler & Elisa, Dan & Sarah, & Mae Beth
    I am so sorry for the loss of Ms. Harris. It hurts so much to lose a mother and grandmother. I am lifting you up in prayer during this difficult time. My heart is broken for all of you. Love you all.

7. ESTELENE JOHNSON
    June 19, 2020 2:25 pm

Bro. Harris and Family deepest Sympathy. Peggy was a great friend and I will miss her.
    God Bless

8. Virginia
    June 19, 2020 9:54 pm

I thought the world of Brother Harris and Peggy. And their wonderful children, Tim, Paula, and Daniel. Daniel, remember the night I took you to Vanderbilt and Tennessee game in Nashville. You children had a wonderful Mother. And Bro. Harris, and the close relationship we had is never forgotten.

9. Linda Clark
    June 20, 2020 12:04 pm

What a beautiful sprite, always happy and ready to serve the Lord. Brother Harris and Peggy meant so much to my family, we were blessed to have known them.

10. Jerry vick
    June 20, 2020 10:45 pm

Brother and sister Harris are two of the most awesome people I have ever known. God Bless you Brother Harris we Love you.