Margaret G. Webb-Koon

Born in Colquit, GA on April 11, 1951

Departed on November 18, 2015 and resided in Portland, TN

Age 64, of Portland, passed away November 18, 2015.

Ms. Margaret was a strong, independent and loyal person. She was also very hardworking funny and selfless. She demonstrated these traits working for many years in the Nashville area as a Registered Nurse. She was also a Christian Woman that attended Mitchellville General Baptist Church for the last decade. She loved sewing, quilting, gardening, playing piano, singing, spending time with her family, especially her grandchildren and also traveling with her group of friends she has had since elementary school, called the YoYo’s. She will be deeply missed but forever remain in our hearts.

Preceded in death by her parents, Annie Lee Wade Glass & Collie B. Glass; husbands, John Webb & Tommy Koon. Survived by her loving children, Stacy Porter (Paul) & Jon Rhoden (Bonnie); adoring grandchildren, Paul Porter, III (Glinis), Jonathan Rhoden, II, Robert Porter, Brianna Rhoden, Joshua Porter, Megan Porter; sister, Joanna Glass Moon (Roland Stonaker).

A Life Celebration will be held 1:00pm Friday at Mitchellville General Baptist Church (603 Hwy 259, Portland, TN, 37148) with burial to follow at Forrest Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be held 5:00pm - 8:00pm, Thursday at CRESTVIEW FUNERAL HOME 1623 HWY 109 N GALLATIN TN, 37066 615-452-1943 crestviewfh.com

10 Comments to Margaret G. Webb-Koon

1. Mary Elizabeth Harold
    November 19, 2015 7:24 am

I’m one of the Yo Yo’s & known Margaret since 1st grade! Just can’t believe she’s gone. Remembering all of our trips together, she was one of the most vibrant, talkative (LOL) ones of the group. Love her & will miss her even more. And, in all those many stories she told, she talked a lot about her kids & grandkids, loved you so much. I hope that her family finds comfort in all the many memories they shared with her. RIP sweet lady!

2. Mary Elizabeth Harold
    November 19, 2015 7:26 am

Forgot to mention, she made quilts for both my grandsons, that we will treasure!

3. Tara Crow Phemister
    November 19, 2015 9:29 am

My second mom. No one could keep me in line better, that’s how I knew she cared. She inspired me to become the nurse that I am today, and that humor in any situation made it better. Sending love and prayers.. heaven is getting a beautiful and amazing woman..

4. Kathi Latimer
    November 19, 2015 9:47 am

Also a yoyo but so much more. Margaret and I were friends, comrades and partners in crime when we were younger. I will miss her so. She was loved by all of us. Stacy and Jon always remember how strong she was and that is how she raised you. Her strength and love will be carried on by you. Love to all.

5. Alice Miller
    November 19, 2015 10:25 am

Margaret and I worked together for 20 years and were friends from the very first day. She has touched so many lives and made us all better people for having known her. She was an outstanding nurse, a very loyal friend and her love for her family shone brightly in all that she did. Margaret, I will miss you so much, my friend.

6. Sandra Hicks
    November 19, 2015 11:55 am

Margaret was a special lady and an important part of the Yo Yo group. She will be missed greatly. We are the ones that were blessed by her. Comforting thoughts and wonderful memories are wished for her family.

7. Janet Davis
    November 19, 2015 3:04 pm

Margaret and I didn’t meet until the 9th grade but we became friends immediately. We roomed together at Tobacco Camp. So many wonderful and funny memories there!
    Loved her on the YoYo trips…she kept us all laughing as she told stories like no one else could!
    Dear Margaret I know you are in heaven with Jesus and suffering no more my friend. You will be missed by many but never forgotten.

8. Shonte Osborne
    November 19, 2015 3:08 pm

I am a friend of Stacy’s. Reading the wonderful things about your mother is breath of sunshine. I know words at this time will not take away the pain of loosing one your precious gifts, your mother. But I do know she is not suffering anymore, and she is resting with her Heavenly Father now. She has won her crown and on the other side. I send you peace and blessings through this trying time. This will be a time fo rejoicing and a celebration becuase her life was not in vain. I love girl.

9. GG Taylor
    November 19, 2015 8:38 pm

A true friend to the end…from Brownie Scout Troop 208 until now, ALWAYS the life of the party and so smart. We will miss you Meg but look forward to seeing you again one day in Heaven. Thanks for always being there for me. xoxo

10. Tori
    July 24, 2016 7:20 pm

That’s a cunning answer to a chignenlalg question