Horace Thomas "H.T." Darnell

Born in Normandy, TN on October 14, 1941

Departed on February 14, 2019 and resided in Lebanon, TN

Horace Thomas “H.T.” Darnell, age 77 of  Lebanon passed away February 14, 2019 at his home. Mr. Darnell was born in Normandy, TN on October 14, 1941 to the late Thomas K. Darnell and the late Minnie Lee Swoape Darnell. Horace was one of a kind, a jack of all trades who could do just about anything he set his mind to; he built 8 homes over the years; always loved working on different things and figuring out how they functioned. He was fun and outgoing, loved to make people laugh, loved to talk, and would always tell you exactly how he felt about whatever the topic was. He was raised in the Holiness Pentecostal Church but most recently attended the Laguardo Baptist Church for the past 36 years. He was a great husband and friend, a wonderful father and grandfather; he will be deeply missed. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brother, Eugene Darnell of Brush Creek, TN. He is survived by his wife of 36 years, Annette Darnell; children, Renaye Walls (Dale) of Decherd, TN and Duane Darnell (Kandi) of Tullahoma, TN; grandchildren, Austin Walls, Justin Darnell, and Kaley Owens (Gary); great-grandchildren, Caroline and Matthew Walls, Jeremiah and Elijah Owens; and brothers, Buddy Darnell and Jimmie Darnell (Tina) both of Normandy, TN. Funeral Services will be conducted on Monday, February 18th at 1:00 P.M. in the Chapel of Crestview Funeral Home with Bro. James Stophel officiating. Interment will follow in Crestview Memory Gardens with family and friends serving as pallbearers. Visitation with the family will be on Sunday from 4-8 P.M. and Monday from 11 A.M. until service time. Arrangements Entrusted To: Crestview Funeral Home and Memory Gardens, 1623 Highway 109 North, Gallatin, TN Phone: (615)452-1943,Obituary Line: (615)452-7589 www.crestviewfh.com

9 Comments to Mr. Horace Thomas "H.T." Darnell

1. Gary Crockett
    February 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Horace and me were raised in Normandy and attended school together.
    So sorry for the loss to his family.

2. Jimmie & Tina Darnell
    February 15, 2019 8:57 pm

My husband Jimmie Darnell lost a wonderful brother and I lost a wonderful brother-in-law he will be greatly missed but not forgotten the precious memory’s of Horace life will all ways be in our heart . Love you Horace.

3. Bro. Bobby and Sis Connie Beal
    February 15, 2019 9:46 pm

My husband and I have only met Mr Darnell but know his 2 children very well. They are great people as are their families. Our deepest condolences go out to them and all of the extended family and friends suffering the loss of Mr Darnell. Praying for peace in their hearts and many sweet memories to cherish.

4. Yvonne Darnell Hall
    February 16, 2019 8:01 pm

So sorry for the loss of my late husband(Eugene Darnell) oldest brother Horace. . He was a good brother n law ..And worked the same trade as my late husband . They both was Ironworkers. May the be with the family ,friends and others who knew him. May the Lord comfort all hearts with pleasant memories. Bill and Yvonne Darnell Hall.

5. Debbie Claiborne
    February 16, 2019 9:13 pm

Annette

May God comfort you during this time of sorrow.
    I am so sorry for your loss.

Debbie Claiborne

6. Linda
    February 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Annette,
    I am so sorry for your loss. Remember God does not place more on us than we can bear.
    In Christian love,
    Linda Powers

7. Chris Brown - Director of Music - Laguardo Baptist Church
    February 17, 2019 7:04 pm

God bless the family during this time of grieving over the loss of Horace. Horace was a very kind and friendly man, always greeting people with a smile and a firm handshake.

Praying for family and friends.

Chris Brown – Director of Music
    Laguardo Baptist Church, Lebanon TN

8. Paul Uselton
    February 17, 2019 11:44 pm

I am so sorry for our family loss. I want to be there but my wife has been sick and I don’t know if I am going to have to take her to the doctor. I will be there in thoughts and prayers. He will truly be missed. May God bless all of you in this time of sorrow.

9. Shirley Tramel
    February 18, 2019 9:02 pm

Annette, I just heard about your husband tonight. I am so sorry I did not know about it in time to come to the visitation. I have such fond memories of you and your family. May God bless and comfort you during this time.