Henry Allen "Al" Prillaman

Born in Roanoke, VA on November 28, 1947

Departed on July 20, 2020 and resided in Gallatin, TN

Mr. Henry Allen ‘Al’ Prillaman, age 72, of Gallatin, Tennessee passed away on July 20, 2020 at his home surrounded by loved ones.

Al was born to Mr. Henry Nicholas Prillaman Jr. and Mrs. Mary Ann Biggs Prillaman Pohler, November 28, 1947, in Roanoke, Virginia. He graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School in Richmond, Virginia in 1966 and received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Lynchburg University in Lynchburg, Virginia in 1970. He married Challis Fox Prillaman in 1975. Together they raised 2 children in Hermitage, Tennessee.

He leaves as his legacy his children: Challis Erin Prillaman Greggs (Mitchell), and Nicholas Allen Prillaman (Allison). His grandchildren Challis Rebecca Greggs, David Henry Greggs, Walker Allen Prillaman, and Henry Bonds Prillaman. He also leaves to cherish his memory his sister, Beth Prillaman Witt.

Al was a dedicated employee at Aladdin – Temp Rite for 37 years and retired in 2013. During his life, he enjoyed spending time with his family, traveling, walking his dogs, dancing, music, running, and drawing.

His family remembers him as a lighthearted spirit full of compassion for life and a faithful servant who loved the Lord throughout his lifetime.

“Do not mourn for me for I shall sleep
Until, you pass my way.
Then we shall cross together in the morning sun.
Lift, transcend …… to the cosmos. Amen”
Written by Henry Allen Prillaman, 1979

A private graveside service with family will be held at Crestview Memorial Gardens on Thursday, July 23, 2020.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to Veranda Ministries http://www.theverandaministries.org/donate.html

22 Comments to Henry Allen "Al" Prillaman

1. Libby Ryman
    July 21, 2020 1:54 pm

Such a heartbreaking loss for so many. I loved Mr Al like a brother. Dance on my friend till we meet again❤️
    Challis, my prayers are with you and your family ❤️

2. Beth Fox Lepore
    July 21, 2020 2:51 pm

Rest in peace with Jesus, Uncle Al. We will miss you, and will always remember your laugh and your sense of humor. With love, Leo, Beth, Jay, and Erica Lepore

3. Elizabeth Beresford
    July 21, 2020 9:41 pm

The biggest smile and easily the biggest hugs can never ever be forgotten. We will miss you terribly Allen.
    Our deepest sympathy to your nearest and dearest,
    John and Elizabeth Beresford

4. Teresa Floyd
    July 22, 2020 3:39 pm

Mr A, you will be greatly missed. Thinking of the great times and talks at Aladdin. If you see my husband up there, please tell him I love him.

Teresa Floyd

5. Sandra and Elvy Watson
    July 22, 2020 4:03 pm

Challis,
    I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Dianne always had the nicest things to say about Al. They are probably “whooping it up” in heaven right now. Please know that our love, thoughts, and prayers are with you and your family at this time. We love you, Challis.

6. Mark Conder
    July 22, 2020 5:49 pm

So sorry to hear of this good man passing. I only knew him from church and Sunday school class, but he was always kind and a joy to be around. Will keep all of this family in my prayers.

7. Pat Givens
    July 22, 2020 6:13 pm

Challis- so sorry to hear of your loss.

8. Ted Hill
    July 22, 2020 7:45 pm

So sorry to hear of the loss of Al. Prayers for Challis and family. Ted and Cindy Hill

9. RAYMOND BURT
    July 22, 2020 8:36 pm

He really was a great guy wasn’t he? Look at the fantastic family you raised together, amazing in today’s world. He couldn’t have had a greater legacy than that. Nor could he have had a greater wife who stood by, loved and cared for him all the way through, not to an end, but to the start of a new beginning.

10. Jim and Jeanette Fox
    July 22, 2020 9:20 pm

Uncle Al still makes me smile when I think of his humor and wit, and compassion and kindness towards other people. He left the world a better place and had a lasting impact. Aunt Challis, Erin, Nicholas, Mitchell, Allison, Challis, David, Walker, Henry, and Beth, we send our heartfelt deepest condolences to all of you. Praying that God grants you peace, comfort, as you remember all of the good memories that you have with Uncle Al.

With love from Jim, Jeanette, Seth, Zach, and Luke Fox

11. Connie Lange
    July 22, 2020 10:11 pm

Sorry to hear this passing of Allen.
    My prayers are with your family Challis.
    Hope you will find comfort in your memories.

12. Linda and Danny Myers
    July 22, 2020 11:28 pm

Our hearts are hurting with you and our prayers are going up to undergird you !! MUCH MUCH LOVE!

13. Renee D Frensley
    July 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Oh my, Challis. What very sad news! He was too young to be called home, but then again, our heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and He knows best. I pray you are comforted by the Holy Spirit and the love that surrounds you in your family and friends. Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family. Renée Frensley

14. doris hixon
    July 23, 2020 2:44 pm

Hello Challis, We are so sorry for your loss and remember your family so fondly from our years at Hermitage Pres. When all this is over we would live to come to gallatin to see you and catch up. Love to all, Dan and Doris Hixon

15. Denny and Claudia Schooley
    July 23, 2020 5:33 pm

Challis and family, we were so sorry to hear about Al. May your sweet memories bring you comfort and peace.❤

16. Sharonne Luncolb
    July 23, 2020 6:12 pm

Dear Calais I am so sorry to hear your sad news in your loss of your husband please know that I wish you and your family the very best you’ve given him lots of great days and I know he appreciated everyone of them. Take care and know that your fellow gardeners support you in every way possible.
    Sharonne Lincokn

17. Carol Garthright Hooper
    July 24, 2020 6:41 am

So sorry to hear of Al’s passing. I have fond memories of him from TJ High school. Wishing his family peace.

18. Evelyn Tade
    July 24, 2020 10:29 am

Dear Challis and family, I am so sorry for your loss. Al was a great friend and a gentleman! Dave and I had so much fun with you Challis and Al in our Family Circle Sunday School Class for so many years. Prayers for your Challis.
    God bless you and comfort you 🙏❣️!

19. Anne Rainey Sims O'Toole
    July 24, 2020 12:09 pm

I remember Allen from high school at Thomas Jefferson in Richond. He was tall, lanky, and was always funny. I am so sorry for your loss and hope you’ll find comfort in the great memories you have of him as a husband, dad, and friend.

20. Jim and Margaret Elrod
    July 24, 2020 1:01 pm

Dear Challis and family. Jim and I were so sad to hear of your loss. We have many memories of the two of you from Sunday school. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

21. Mason Alvis
    July 26, 2020 6:52 pm

Janie and I were so sorry to hear by chance about Allen’s passing. We were together last some years ago at the Nashville meeting and dinner of Lynchburg College alumni. He was my fraternity brother in Alpha Phi Omega at old LC way back in the mid 60’s. We often talked about connecting with you both, since we are in the Nashville area, but time gets in the way. Our deepest sympathies to you and your family in his much too soon passing. I knew him to be a great and honorable man of character and unique personality. We wish the very best for you and your family in the days and years ahead.

Respectfully,

Mason and Janie Alvis

22. Bobby Gregory
    August 4, 2020 7:27 pm

Allen and I were good friends at TJ. We both smoked our first cigarette..a Chesterfield in a park in Glen Burnie. We often doublel-dated Delta Pi Nu (de pi) girls. He was a really good guy. Sorry to hear of his passing. RIP. Buddy