George Isaac DeSheles, Sr.

Born in Nashville, TN on September 25, 1932

Departed on June 8, 2018 and resided in Portland, TN

George Isaac DeSheles, Sr.; age 85 passed away June 8, 2018. Mr. DeSheles was born on September 25, 1932 in Nashville, TN to the late Lucien and Mary DeSheles. George drove a semi for many years and thoroughly enjoyed his job; he was a hard worker. He enjoyed bowling, fishing and working on cars. George’s family described him as big-hearted, a jokester, and he was always brutally honest whether you wanted to hear it or not. He was a loving husband, proud father to 10 children, grandfather and he will be deeply missed by his family. In addition to his parents, George is preceded in death by his grandchildren, Gracie and Jonathan Abshire; brothers, Lucien DeSheles, Jr. and Tim DeSheles; and sisters, Bertha Demonbreun and Stella Craig. He is survived by his wife of 65 years, Ovie May DeSheles; children, Vicky Robertson (Tim), George DeSheles, Jr. (Marsha), Randy DeSheles (Latricia), Diane Escue (Billy), Ronnie DeSheles (Kay), Roger DeSheles (Terina), Tammy Abshire (Tim), Penny Jacobs, Angie Abbott (Charles), and Helen Wingo; 25 grandchildren, 21 great-grandchildren; sisters, Linda Kupchinski and Nellie Canfield; brother, Michael DeSheles; several nieces and nephews. A Life Celebration service will be held on Thursday, June 14th at 12:00 PM from the Long Hollow Baptist Church in Hendersonville. Interment will follow in Crestview Memory Gardens with grandsons serving as active pallbearers. Visitation with the family will be on Wednesday, June 13th from 4-8 PM at Crestview Funeral Home and on Thursday one hour prior to the service at the church. Arrangements Entrusted To: Crestview Funeral Home and Memory Gardens, 1623 Highway 109 North, Gallatin (615)452-1943 www.crestviewfh.com

15 Comments to Mr. George Isaac DeSheles, Sr.

1. Diane Escue
    June 9, 2018 9:08 pm

My father will greatly be missed. He was a father, Dad, grandfather, papa, and more than anything he was a wonderful husband to his wife Ovie DeSheles for 65 years. Dad left us on June 8th to join his brothers, sisters, and his mom and dad in heaven. Dad I will always love you more than you will ever know. Thanks for showing me how to be a good woman and letting me learn from my mistakes. There just is not enough words to say how much you meant to me. Just want everyone to know that you can not find a more caring person than my dad.

2. April Anderson
    June 10, 2018 12:31 am

My PawPaw was an amazing man. He always welcomed everyone no matter what. He would joke with you and laugh with you. He would love you and give you a place to stay. He would tell you stories and will be missed so very much. I love you PawPaw.

April (granddaughter), Andrew (husband and grandson), Seth (great grandson), and Aiden (great grandson). (Anderson family)

3. Roxann M.
    June 10, 2018 10:54 pm

George was such a sweet and caring man. I was blessed to have known him.

4. Vicky Robertson
    June 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Daddy I love you very much. You will be missed very much by me and all your children, grandchildren,and great grandchildren. I will think of you everyday. Rest in peace now. Love you forever.

5. Chris Crumley
    June 11, 2018 7:29 pm

I knew George long ago at the old Hendersonville Bowling Center, when it was in the basement. I remember him, Ovie and the rest of the family fondly and I am so sorry for your loss. GOD Bless.

6. Trish DeSheles
    June 11, 2018 10:13 pm

Paw paw was more like my father than a father in law. He always opened his home and heart to so many. He always had a way of making you laugh and seeing the joy and humor in life. He will be missed by so many and he leaves behind an amazing legacy of the man he was here on earth. Love and miss you Pawpaw and I know I will see you again someday!

7. Patricia Marchlewski
    June 11, 2018 10:38 pm

a

8. Patricia Marchlewski
    June 11, 2018 10:40 pm

Mr DeSheles should be proud of all his children especially our Son-in-LAW Ronnie who is a great and caring man so blessed to have him in our family.

9. Samantha Hutcherson (grand-daughter)
    June 11, 2018 10:45 pm

My PawPaw was a wonderful man. His smile was contagious, his heart was the size of the world, and his jokes had you laughing for days. He was always into some kind of mischief. You never knew what you were gonna get with him. There’s not many people who have the whole package, but my PawPaw definitely did. I am so very fortunate to be your granddaughter. I’m so glad PawPaw lived long enough to have met my children. He loved his kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids with every bone in his body. I will miss you every single day, PawPaw, until i get to see your face again. I love you so so much!!

10. Lou Manley
    June 12, 2018 7:50 am

Every now and again, a man and his family enter your life, and with everything in you, YOU KNOW THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE….You allow this family to lead you, protect you, advise you and guide you and Pretty soon they become FAMILY….MY Heart is Very, Very Sad…but we are rejoicing that the LORD put this family in our Path….We celebrate George and we Grieve a Member of our Family…Many blessings and prayers, to those he left behind Most especially his Ovie and all 10 of his children….Fly High My Friend…..We will miss you…BEHAVE…

11. Venus Manley
    June 12, 2018 10:57 am

George had a wonderful sense of humor and was quick to dance at times. I’ll always remember the twinkling in his eye when he said or did something out of mischief. 🙂 I love George and he treated my family like his own. He was a once in a lifetime kind of man leading a kind of once in a lifetime family that filled our lives with love. I’ll always miss George and love him forever.

12. Tina Meldrum
    June 12, 2018 11:41 am

I’m so sorry I can’t be with you all during this difficult time. Please know that you are in my heart and thoughts. My Dad (Sterling) was an only child so his extended family was George, Ovie and all the kids. We enjoyed visiting Tennessee often as a kid. George was also so funny and kind, welcoming us into his home…no matter where it was 🙂 The love between George and Ovie was always apparent and something to be admired. Hug one another, your Dad will always live in your hearts. Love to you all. Tina DeSheles-Meldrum xoxo <3

13. Kimberly longairc
    June 12, 2018 11:47 am

Heaven definitely gained another angel . A great man who will be greatly missed . He always made marriage and raising kids look so easy , as it was for him . He was so much like my daddy , who was close to perfect in my eyes . To all of the family , I wish I could be there with y’all . Just know I will be thinking of y’all today and coming days . Love y’all !!
    Kimberly Longairc

14. Gloria Hicks
    June 12, 2018 10:33 pm

I may not be there in body, but know my spirit is. Uncle George was truly the life of any gathering and would always make you feel loved. I will miss talking with him on the phone. Growing up and always getting to go to TN for vacation to spend time with all y’all was truly a blessing. My thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone of you. Give my love to Aunt Ovie. Love you all.

15. Tricia
    June 29, 2018 7:33 pm

Please take comfort in Jesus Christ words “there will be a resurrection and sickness and death will be gone forever.”
    John 5:28,29;Rev.21:4 For more comforting words, please visit: JW.ORG