Ellon Inez Gaines "YaYa"

Born in Hayti, MO on April 2, 1944

Departed on February 25, 2016 and resided in Gallatin, TN

Ellon Inez Gaines “YaYa”, age 71, of Gallatin, TN, passed away on Thursday, February 25, 2016.
Inez is preceded in death by her parents, William and Emma McAlpin, and brother Raymond McAlpin. She is survived by her beloved husband, Matt, of 36 years, children, Mary Eubanks (Billy), Janet P. Lee (Shane), Matt Gaines III (Peggy), Don Gaines (Brenda), Richard Gaines (Teresa) and Patti Yancy (Yuri). Cherished grandmother to Jessica Eubanks (Marshall) and 6 more grandchildren.
Inez enjoyed fishing, camping and cooking. She was an avid “yard saler” and loved visiting with family, friends and neighbors. Spending time with family and friends was very special to Inez, and she will be dearly missed and loved by all who knew her.
Life Celebration for Inez will be held at Crestview Funeral Home in Gallatin on Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 3:00 PM with visitation beginning at 12:00 PM. Burial will follow at Crestview Memory Gardens.

12 Comments to Ellon Inez Gaines "YaYa"

1. Marshall
    February 26, 2016 8:33 pm

I love and miss you, YaYa

2. Addiepaddie
    February 26, 2016 8:40 pm

She is deeply missed in my heart,and will be remembered always. See ya on the other side YaYa,happy camping in heaven!

3. cristal Phillips
    February 26, 2016 9:09 pm

Janet.. I’m so sorry for ya loss.. I met her one time..and it was amazin..she is one BEAUTIFUL lady.. Yes She will be missed..

4. Sandy jewell
    February 26, 2016 9:20 pm

Inez was a special and sweet lady she always had a smile on her face when I saw her she was always in a Happy cheerful mood and would always hug me when I saw her I loved all the stories she told me we always laughed together I will miss you sweetie and love you forever now go tell your stories in heaven and put a smile on everyone’s face as you did to me

5. Susan White
    February 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Sorry for your loss Jess and family!

6. nickey nalbacj
    February 26, 2016 10:45 pm

Inez I was honored. To have met u several yrs ago I will miss u much love to u I hope u have some German chocolate cake up there sometime rest easy love ya

7. Matt
    February 26, 2016 11:10 pm

Jessie, Mary, Billy, Janet, and Marshall… I love you guys and I’m praying for you. I won’t be able to come to the services because of work. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. YaYa was one of a kind and will be forever missed. Especially on those cold Thanksgiving nights. I will come visit very soon. Love each of you. God Bless you all and the entire family.

8. Teresa Parker
    February 27, 2016 12:31 am

Mary, Billy and Jessie, So sorry to hear of your loss. Praying for you and your family. Love you guys!

9. Peggy Gaines
    February 27, 2016 2:37 am

Ma, your laughter is a source of joy. You are a lovely that never dies but passes into another loveliness. I always seen the light of heaven shining in your face. I love you.

10. Benny and Susan Thompson
    February 27, 2016 7:50 am

I love you Inez and will miss you very much. We will help Matt any way he needs. ❤️

11. Lori Bethea
    February 27, 2016 4:02 pm

Mary, I’m so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

12. Janet p lee
    February 27, 2016 4:28 pm

I miss you momma and I love you