Clarence Graham Myers, III

Born in Gastonia, NC on September 26, 1952

Departed on September 3, 2019 and resided in Gallatin, TN

• Life Celebration Gathering: Crestview Funeral Home Room: Stateroom A
    • Saturday September 7, 2019 4:00pm to 6:00pm

Clarence Graham Myers lll was born on September 26, 1952 and left this earth on September 3, 2019.

Graham loved many things well, but three in particular were reoccurrences throughout his life: baseball, fast cars, and pretty women. Redheads were his favorite, making him especially fond of one who carries his name and brought him much joy during the final months of his fight with cancer - his granddaughter, Annlyn Graham Baker. Graham is also survived by daughter, Kimberly Myers Baker, son-in-law Ryan Baker, and grandson Hayden Baker. Additionally, Graham is survived by 8 siblings and their spouses, J. Elaine Honeycutt (Jim), Dennis Michael Myers (Renee), Richard Glenn Myers, Steven Wayne Myers, Marcia Skull (Donald), Marcus John Myers, David E. Myers and Garner “Ted” Myers; aunts, Faye R. Lineberger and Leeann Rose; many friends who affectionately called him “Mr. Graham”, and his 2017 Corvette Stingray.

He is preceded in death by mother, Nell Rose Myers and father, Clarence Graham Myers, Jr.

Graham spent his life in the fast lane and loved his work. After playing AAA baseball and serving in the Army Reserves, Graham spent his time making communities more functional and attractive through transportation projects. A graduate of University of Colorado (‘73) and a mechanical engineer by trade, Graham traveled the world and oversaw construction projects, including many beautiful bridges, major roadways, and being assigned to his final project and what he considered the “highlight of his career”, the Houston-Dallas high speed rail project.

Born and raised in Gastonia, North Carolina, Graham spent time adventuring and following construction projects, allowing him to call Mississippi, South Florida, Alexandria, Virginia, Houston, Texas, and many other places home over the years. His final days were spent in Gallatin, Tennessee. Graham’s sense of humor, wild ideas, and heart of gold will be missed by all who knew him.

Graham’s family will gather to receive friends on Saturday, September 7th from 4-6 P.M. at Crestview Funeral Home.

In lieu of flowers, please help Graham’s love for baseball live on for all by contributing in his honor to the Gallatin baseball parks, fields, and facilities, City of Gallatin, 132 West Main Street, Gallatin.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”-Hunter S. Thompson

Arrangements Entrusted To: Crestview Funeral Home and Memory Gardens, 1623 Highway 109 North, Gallatin, TN, Phone: (615)452-1943 www.crestviewfh.com

16 Comments to Mr. Clarence Graham Myers, III

1. Gerhard Jan Wentink
    September 4, 2019 2:05 pm

My heartfelt condolences to Graham’s family and next of kin. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Graham always has and will have a special place in my heart, he will be missed!

2. Gwen Canfield
    September 4, 2019 2:23 pm

Dear Kim – I’m so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Sincerely, Gwen Canfield

3. Evette Jones
    September 4, 2019 2:33 pm

My deepest condolences to his family and sending my prayers to you all! 5.5 years as your admin and you always treated me as a daughter. The pictures of him and his corvette..I took of him and have about 40 pictures of him and the Vette. You will forever be in my heart and thank you for always looking out for me! Love you always!

4. Yvonne Jennings
    September 4, 2019 3:06 pm

Prayers have been sent. . .Graham was such a special co-worker here at Bechtel. Always with a smile . . .and truly cared about everyone. You will be truly missed.

5. Mr. GoodRoof
    September 4, 2019 3:38 pm

Kim, we are so very sorry for your loss. Prayers going up for you and your family!

6. Keith Cronin
    September 4, 2019 3:58 pm

I was so sorry to hear the sad news. We have lost a great and dear person. My sympathy to you and your family.

7. Gayla Zoz
    September 4, 2019 4:15 pm

Kim, I am sorry to hear this news. Though I didn’t have the opportunity to meet your father, I heard you tell so many great stories about him and I felt like I knew him. My deepest condolences to you and your family. Hugs and prayers to you. XO

8. John and Marcia Fox
    September 4, 2019 4:19 pm

We are so sorry. Praying that God will give you peace and comfort at this time. Please accept our deepest sympathy. With our love, Fox family

9. Eric Jackson
    September 4, 2019 11:13 pm

Kim, I’m so sorry to hear about the passing of your father. Based on the words above, he was one of a kind! God bless you and your family.

10. Amy Ramsey
    September 4, 2019 11:19 pm

Kim, I am truly sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful dad. I know you made him very proud.

11. Denise Henley
    September 5, 2019 6:08 am

Kim, I am very sorry for your loss. May God greatly comfort your heart.

12. Sheila carter
    September 5, 2019 3:51 pm

Graham you had the best family that truly loved you i meet you when i was young you treated me nice you are loved and missed gone but never forgotten

13. George Shirley
    September 5, 2019 5:11 pm

Rest In piece my friend, My sympathy to you and are family.

14. Daryl Knopf
    September 5, 2019 7:41 pm

Graham and I played many rounds of golf while he lived in Alexandria VA. A good weekend included brunch at Chadwick’s with a sprinkle of golf in the afternoon. Graham was a classy gentleman and loved life. We were lucky to visit Graham a few times in Houston after he moved from Alexandria – he treated us like we were royals. Rest In Peace dear sir.

15. Lynne Holden
    September 5, 2019 8:57 pm

Sincere condolences to you and your family. Fortunate am I to have had the pleasure of working with Graham as a subcontractor and again as a co-worker in South Florida. What a character!!! He brought excitement and knowledge to our projects and always wanted you to have fun and succeed. RIP my friend.

16. Theresa (Casey) Schmedeke
    September 6, 2019 8:36 am

I will never forget how he always made me laugh. He had a great voice singing to all of us around the piano at Fuad’s! I will never forget his laugh and beautiful smile! Forver Graham!