Alma Loretta Evans Berry

Born in New Madrid, MO on September 13, 1932

Departed on April 21, 2015 and resided in Gallatin, TN

Alma Loretta Evans Berry- age 82 passed away April 21, 2015. She was born to the late Jimmy and Myrtle Evans in New Madrid, MO on September 13, 1932.
When remembering Alma the words kind, loving, supportive and giving come to mind. She was a friend to everyone and touched the lives of many. She will be deeply missed.
She is preceded in death by her husband, RJ Berry and son-in-law, Terry Raymer.
She is survived by her children, Debbie (Jim) Schimbke, Randy (Jean) Berry, Lora Raymer and Jayson (Tabatha) Berry; grandchildren, Jeff and Mike Lowe, Krissy Jaynes, Ryan and Jayme Berry, Elizabeth Smith, Michael Raymer, Michaela Berry, Andrew Turner, Rebecca Robinette, Katherine Turner and Haley Walls; great-grandchildren, Cody and Andrew Smith, Taylor Lowe, and Eli, Jacob, Colin and Lillian Jaynes, Lyndsea Raymer; and 1 great-great-grandchild; siblings, James (Cathy) Evans; Melva Thulen, Brenda (Gene) Hubbard, Phyllis (Ron) Frayser, Sherry Goetz, Dasima Bagby, Rondald Keith (Glenda) Evans; A host of nieces and nephews, extended family and close friends also survive.
A life celebration service will be held on Friday at 11a.m. in the chapel of Crestview Funeral Home. Burial will follow in Mayes Cemetery 2p.m. Visitation will be held on Thursday from 6-9pm and Friday 9-11am at Crestview Funeral Home 1623 Hwy 109 N Gallatin, TN 37066 (615) 452-1943 crestviewfh.com

8 Comments to Mrs. Alma Loretta Evans Berry

1. Michael and Janet Evans
    April 22, 2015 4:12 pm

What a great interesting old fashion story teller she was,
    and I was a good listener. I enjoyed conversations with her .
    She is truly missed by me. Love you Loretta…
    Cousin Michael Wayne Evans

2. Jeri Lynn Kaupp
    April 22, 2015 6:39 pm

I can’t put into words how special Loretta was to me. She often commented that I looked like her when she was younger. She was a “tell it like it is” sort of woman with the kindest heart. Heaven definitely gained another angel.

3. Linda Woggerman
    April 22, 2015 9:19 pm

Alma (My Ma Berry), her passing leaves a great void in this world. She was a one of a kind woman. One more reason to look forward to heaven. Ma Berry treated me as one of her own from the day we met. She was the first to hold my daughter when she was born 33 years ago, she was an LPN at the hospital where she was born. The last vacation I had with her was a trip to MO with her and my Mom about 2 years ago, what an adventure it was. She always had advice to give, excuse me what I meant to say was, she never hesitated to tell you the way it was going to be. Also the first one to be there for you at any moment in time.She would tell you things that maybe weren’t so pleasant and then say there now its been said and that is the way it is. So now we just move on. I am looking forward to seeing her and RJ in heaven one day, maybe we can play a game of rummy, after I get done cleaning up after RJ on one of his projects : ) I’m praying God has a recliner waiting for her.

I love you Ma Berry you will forever live in my heart

4. Pat Woggerman
    April 22, 2015 9:31 pm

One thing about Alma was if she had something on her mind it didnt stay there long She let you know what it was. She use to love to come to my house and start an argument with my husband because he would argue with her and give her a hard time and her him She love every one of my family like her own There will be no to take her place she was one of a kind love all of you too
    Pat

5. chris woggerman
    April 23, 2015 9:38 am

One of many things i remember about ma berry ,was every time i would see her she would have a smile on her face and say theres babby boy even though im 47 now.and it would seem that she would bring her cast iron fry pan so she could fry some of her famous chicken or even rabit one time.i have alot ofgreat memories of her. She will be greatly missed, love ya ma berry.oh ya the one thing my dad would say that would get her fired up for some reasonwas bawl sqawl and run up the wall you all.

6. Shirley Cox
    April 23, 2015 12:23 pm

Dear Debbie, Randy, Lori, Jason,
    We were so saddened to hear of the passing of your Mom and our dear friend Loretta. We have thought of you all many times through the years and you all are in our thoughts and prayers. We have many fond and fun memories of babysitting and just having fun on old Parkwood Avenue that we will cherish.
    Love to All,
    Gary, Shirley, Dottie, Darlene Cox

7. Judy Pfeifer
    April 24, 2015 12:34 pm

My dear big sister Lotetta, I know you didn’t need any more sisters but I needed just one and it was you. You came to MI when I was 12 and became a special lady to me. Lots of love, laughs , and good advice. I have so many memories of our time together. Many meals together at your house our ours. Movies and especially church and all the friends we made in our young people’s group. We know you finished your mission here on earth and we’ll meet again. Love you bunches.

8. Pat martin ( laferney
    April 25, 2015 9:39 am

my only sister too, Judy. What a time we had when she lived with us. That girl loved fried okra Truly missed and loved by all . Now enjoying the love of uncle Bill and Aunt Irene.